Sunday 28 March 2010

Why the name "Bad Fairy" .....

.... I suppose I should explain.

My lovely aunt has just emailed to tell me that she's concerned about me branding Mr BF and the junior BFs with my title of Bad Fairy throughout my blog! She quite rightly associates the word "bad" with the cancer.

So, an explanation for anyone wondering the same thing.

A good while ago, after a particularly giggly conversation with a friend, she announced that I must have a bad fairy sat on my shoulder. Her reasons for this were related to the belief that we all have an angel and a devil sat on opposite shoulders, whispering into our ears and acting as our conscience.

Apparently, although I have a slightly naughty streak, it never makes me behave maliciously or vindictively and therefore can't be the voice of a devil, but must simply be a bad fairy encouraging me to say and do the things that get me into trouble!

Henceforth I was known as the Bad Fairy.

Apologies if you've heard this before, but I don't want you all imagining a fairy that's rotting from the inside out .... although with a dose of toxic burps after chemo it's an easy mistake to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment