Saturday 27 March 2010

It just fell off .....

..... and I didn't touch it, honest!

It would never have won any prizes or been held up as an example of perfection but I was rather attached to it. Maybe I should have paid it more attention. Lavished some time and effort to lift its self esteem. To be honest it did always look a bit like the poor cousin and never as grand or imposing as its near neighbours.

Anyway it's gone now, superglue and bodge tape won't make any difference. Yes, today I said goodbye to my little toe nail. It's a good few weeks since my last chemo (Taxol) but it held out for as long as possible.

It was attached to the only bone I've ever broken. Miss Bad Fairy and I had a skipping incident a couple of years ago. (Is skipping covered by 'elf n safety? If not then it should be!) My little toe was the only casualty. It was strapped up very elegantly and spent a good couple of weeks fixing itself admirably until one of my dogs lolloped in and promptly sat on it. Have you ever seen a GP rolling on the floor laughing?

No comments:

Post a Comment