Saturday 27 March 2010

I feel lucky .....

.... lucky to have been diagnosed with secondary cancer?

We are forever reminded of the uncertainty of life and the fact that life can end unexpectedly at any age. I've had an advanced warning. That advanced warning has prompted me to look at my life and appreciate all of the good things in it, something I may not have had the opportunity to do had I plodded on assuming that I'd live for a long time. So I am lucky!

Lucky to have a wonderful and gorgeous husband. The fact he leaves his socks on the bathroom floor is no longer something I nag about. It's not important. I love spending time with him, just being in the same room makes me feel contented and happy.

Lucky to have two amazing and beautiful children. They make me smile when I least feel like it. They fascinate me with their observations and thoughts. The world is an enchanting place when seen through the eyes of a child!

Lucky to have such brilliant friends and family.

The list could go on but I'll stop there. I'm lucky, despite and because of the cancer. All of these things were there before but now I look at them and appreciate every last little bit of them. More importantly, I feel, I have the opportunity to let these important people know how lucky I feel to have them as part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment