Thursday 10 June 2010

Straight talking......

…..junior style.

Picture the scene, the Bad Fairy family trundling along in the car early on a Monday morning and the following conversation takes place.

Master BF, “Where’re we going? Oh, it’s the hospital. Why? It’s sooo boring!”

Me, “I have to have my weekly blood test so we won’t be here long.”

Master BF, “That’s no fun. It’s so sooooo boring.”

Miss BF, “ Don’t moan! It’s not fun for Mum either. She has to have blood tests so she can have her medicine. If she doesn’t have her medicine she’ll die because her liver won’t work and you don’t want that do you?”

Master BF (sheepishly!), “No.”

Miss BF (after a few moments pondering), “Mum, when you’re dead what will you be like?”

Me, “ ……..Smelly!”

Miss BF, “Hmmm, I don’t think you’ll be bad smelly, I think you’ll be good smelly like when you’ve had a shower.”

Not a tear shed, although I admit to a slight lump in the throat, and the conversation ended up discussing Egyptians and cats!!

I think that’s a good sign that the jumbled boxes are slowly being put in order again. Last week that same overheard conversation would have had me in pieces and certainly wouldn’t have received the same contribution from me.

Children, so accepting, so innocent and so utterly loveable and wonderful. All the more reason to do everything to prolong this adventure for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment