Wednesday 30 June 2010

A celebration, an anniversary....

….or what?


A difficult one to decide. I think I’ll opt for the celebration simply because any excuse for a party seems good to me! So why a celebration? Believe it or not it’s a year ago since I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer. A year which has flown past and seen a huge change in “normal” life for all in the Bad Fairy family. According to some a year which I was unlikely to see through ……as if I’m going to accept that, some people just don’t know me at all!! Like it or not here I am a whole year on and for those who are wondering I don’t intend to be painting any rainbows for a few more years yet! (And yes Mum, when I do eventually paint the rainbows I’ll remember to wear knickers!!)

Who knows what surprises the next year will hold?

Not me that’s for sure. Crystal balls and Bad Fairies don’t mix well …in fact anything breakable and Bad Fairies don’t really mix very well if I’m honest! I do know what’s planned for next week though. If my mouth has returned to normal then I will probably have another (smaller!) dose of Taxotere, preferably out of the bottle which says “No hospital admissions”. The reasoning behind this is that despite the last dose being so hideous it has stabilised my liver function. Difficult decision! If, for whatever reason, the Taxotere is a no go then next out of the box of tricks is likely to be Capecitabine. We’ll just have to wait and see how things go.

In the mean time there’s a party to organise …… sausage on a stick anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Well done you. It's indeed party time This calls for Prawn cocktail starters with Black Forest gateau to follow the sausages on sticks!
    Can't wait for next year's celebration.
    Pearl X

    ReplyDelete