Wednesday 12 May 2010

Teeth ....

….again!

If you read about the evil endoscopy you will remember that teeth have been my Achilles’ heel since I was about seven.

Everything is out to get my teeth, it’s a conspiracy I tell you!! Carefully cleaning my pegs the other morning and a quick glance in the mirror revealed a line of manky looking tombstones. Yuk! My gums have done a runner, my teeth are covered in nasty splurges of yellowness thanks to medicated mouthwash and they look like they’d really like to leave home sometime very soon.

I didn’t mind my hair falling out with the chemo but didn’t bank on the teeth going too. Hopefully they’ll hang on for a bit longer. I can’t have any dental work done because of the “bonio” medicine (Zoledronic Acid) that I have every three weeks. It’s doing a great job keeping my bones strong but like all things it has its side effects. No invasive dental treatment for fear of the jaw bone dying … mmm… think I’ll try and avoid that one. Then there’s the chemo and limited dental work anyway because of infection risks.

Gentle cleaning with a baby toothbrush, mouthfuls of mouthwash and the occasional rub with a bit of bicarbonate of soda is all I can do for now. Either that or I may have to make a new feature of them and paint them different colours!

Does anyone have the phone number for a very generous tooth fairy?

1 comment:

  1. Really sorry to hear about the teething troubles - I am also having problems and can't do the work which needs to be done yet as I am also on treatment.

    Contact details for a tooth fairy? There must be a distant cousin of Bad Fairy who is a tooth fairy? ;) You could try www.fairiesreunited.com ?

    Seriously, hope it is sorted soon and painlessly.
    Hugs

    fbg
    x

    ReplyDelete