Wednesday 8 September 2010

A brave Bad Fairy......

…..this time I didn’t run away!


I did it! I went to the hospital, stayed in and had the stomach drain done. It has helped and I do feel a bit more comfortable…..but not sure I’d do it again unless entirely necessary. As revenge my body retaliated and I now have water balloons for legs! Oh and, after coming home on Friday, I came down with a lovely tummy bug. Another reason to avoid hospitals where possible.

It’s now Wednesday and despite feeling absolutely shattered I do feel like I’m living on the same planet as other people again which can’t be a bad thing.

After my tummy settled down I also started yet another new chemotherapy. This time we’re trying Capacitabine. This one is a two weeks on tablets and one week off. Dr Socks has started me on a 50% dose in the hope he doesn’t have to suffer my wrath for overdosing me! I’ve no idea how it’s working yet, I don’t actually feel any different. Time will tell I suppose.

In between all of this it’s been “back to school” time too. The Junior Bad Fairies both enjoy school so it’s not too much of a difficult time. Other than the usual spending money like water on uniforms and shoes. Master Bad Fairy came home yesterday, chuffed as a little monkey. He’s been voted onto the School Council by his classmates and couldn’t stop grinning.

Well that’s it for this update, it’s getting a bit tedious all of this medical stuff don’t you think? I shall make a concerted effort to inject a few “off topic” posts over the coming weeks to brighten things up again!

5 comments:

  1. Hi BF, Capecitabine is the chemo that I've been taking (2 weeks on, 1 week off) for over 2 years now..(bone mets) Good Luck, I know someone with liver and bone mets who has been on Capec for over 5 years...I've (finally) left the BCC forums..I used to spend too much time there..but check in here to see how you are..glad you didn't do a runner from the hospital..understand why you would want to though! Take Care..belinda..xx
    oops PS..udderly smooth cream..have a 'google' it's what lots of us capecitabeenies use on our hands and feet..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooow will have to look for some udderly cream for you Miss BF, Yes you were very brave and I havent even seen this 'Twiggy' figure yet.Looking forward to catching up with you on the weekend!Love the 'FGM' xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad fairy..... Thinking of you.... stay positive Love fron Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're OK Bad Fairy, let us know everything's alright when you can. Thinking of you, Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete