Tuesday 3 August 2010

Woe is me.....

…..but don’t despair!


It was the weekly jaunt to see the consultant today to get the ok for chemo this week and woe is me ….the little toe-rag is on holiday! Fancy that, holidays in August tut tut, how dare he. Mr Bad Fairy muttered under his breath about Dr Socks probably being on a yacht sailing to and fro between exotic islands. I was thinking more caravan at Cromer maybe?

After a mere two hour wait and numerous cups of tea I was summoned in to see the covering doctor. A quick chat and a glance down my throat was all it needed for it to be confirmed that the thrush birds are still in residence. Not as many but still lingering. So no chemo for this week. My liver function is relatively stable despite having last week’s dose cancelled so it wasn’t too hard to agree with the doctor that the best thing was to wait another week, speak with Dr Socks next Tuesday and see where we go from there (the Bahamas would be nice but I don‘t think the NHS would pay for that as a therapy!). The decision was helped along by my comment about not wanting to be admitted to hospital again and the doctor’s return comment that chemo can kill!

I don’t know how effective the limited amount of this chemo I’ve had has been on the cloudy tumours but it’s done the deed with my hair and nails. Each eye has about a dozen lashes left (yes I did try, unsuccessfully, to count them without poking myself in the eye). I do wonder why it is that even the bottom lashes when they fall manage to defy gravity and fall up into my eye. Why is that? My eyebrows are also doing their own thing. I could start yet another new trend here. For some weird reason I’ve lost a horizontal stripe right through the middle of one eyebrow. I now look like I have “go faster” stripes above my right eye! As for nails, let’s just not go there …. Mr Bad Fairy has been told he is the official scratcher and will have to scratch any itchy bits for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment